The Charterhouse is built around a church consecrated in 1521. Joining heavens and earth is the aspiration and mission of this place that for almost five hundred years has been a centre of contemplation and prayer.
The convent church still maintains – in the side chapels, in the façade tympanum and in the lunette overarching the entrance – part of the early ‘500 decorations and frescoes, whose iconographic plan mirrors the central role of the Virgin in the theological conception of the founder, the Blessed Tommaso Illirico. The only difference from the original structure lies in the transformation of the first central span, raised and closed with a dome in the second half of the Eighteenth century. The church is still consecrated and property of Certosa1515.